iC3D version 4.0 developed to bring the full benefits of digital to the luxury packaging design cycle (STAND AC11BIS, C2L – HALL ATRIUM)
21st September 2016 – Creative Edge Software, developer of the award-winning iC3D packaging design software, is a key exhibitor at the inaugural Connect 2 Luxury (C2L) conference running concurrently with Luxe Pack 2016 in Monaco, September 21-23. With an event agenda focused on introducing luxury brands to transformative digital technologies, Creative Edge Software is highlighting its latest iC3D version 4.0 featuring new improved visualisation technologies and photorealism for a streamlined packaging design cycle.
According to Nick Gilmore, CEO of Creative Edge Software, iC3D has reduced the packaging design time-to-market from months down to days for many successful brands; version 4.0 provides the missing link for luxury brands:
“Through our powerful, all-in-one, 3D packaging design application we have enabled users to create accurate on-screen 3D mockups on-the-fly at any stage in the design process for any packaging type or application,” comments Gilmore. “Now with version 4 we have refined its visualisation capabilities to the photorealistic standards required for full creative acceptance from luxury brand owners and designers.”
With iC3D v4, five new features have been developed specifically to address these requirements:
- Ray Tracing – accurately simulates effects of light on virtual objects for photorealistic, ultra-high-resolution, accurate photo studio effects
- 3D Model Interiors – enables realistic liquid filling, at any angle
- Light Map Editor – re-creates studio lighting, editable highlights and shadows
- Dynamic Backgrounds – real-time merging of 2D photo images with 3D designs
- Perspective Control – matches 3D model perspective to 2D photo backgrounds
These new features allow accurate simulation of a wide range of optical and visual effects. Using Ray Tracing technology, glass and liquids in particular look 100 percent realistic for transparency, translucence, color, refractive index, reflections and shadows.
Additional key features of iC3D v4 include:
- All-in-one design software – 3D digital mockups for bottles, tins, cartons, labels, flexible bags and shrink film.
- Direct link to Illustrator – real-time creation and artwork editing (.ai or PDF)
- 3D model creation – Shape Modeller creates complex models quickly and easily
- apply artwork to any object;
- shrink to fit in seconds, not hours
- accurate visualization of distortion plus shrink correction
- In-store visualization – real-time staging on shelves, gondolas and chiller displays
- Proof and share – Save, print, export hi-res renders, PDF/3D PDFs, animations, movies or 3D-printed models; cloud share with iC3D opsis using any browser.
Creative Edge Software and SS&C, its representative in France, Spain, Belgium and the Netherlands, are available throughout the event to provide face-to-face demonstrations of iC3D v4.0, personalized to your requirements and production methods. To schedule a demonstration ahead of C2L and Luxe Pack, please contact:
Erik de Volder (SS&C) – email: email@example.com, Tel: +32 478 66 69 26
Nick Gilmore – email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +44 7795298787